I sustained an injury while letterboxing yesterday. I stepped into a pipe that was hidden by leaves and debris. To do it, you had to step just right and I did. I didn't see it, of course, before hand, and I imagine I was quite a sight falling straight down (and not in a good way). My foot got stuck and to get it out I had to sort of twist it. Which means that I bruised and damaged my shin and calf. Thanks to my hiking buddy, I got home. Then I cleaned it up and dressed and cleaned the wound. There's nothing really that could be done--it wasn't anything you could stitch up. No broken bone, thankfully! But boy did it (and does it) hurt.
Anyway, the upshoot is that I'm stuck laid up for the next few days. I have some crutches, but it's best if I stick to the couch and the bed.
So, I'm asking my buddies, send me links to fun online games or funny youtube videos. Post them in the comments or email me. Anything to keep me amused while I'm out of commission.
random thoughts from the mind of a progressive mom in Houston, struggling with parenting, politics, hot topics & more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So very sorry to hear this! Hope you are up and about soon! I like to play battleship. : )
http://www.learn4good.com/games/board/battleship.htm
Take care, Ona Journey
Sorry about the spill . . . it hurts just reading about it.
Online activities? Hmmm...
Here's a YouTube video . . . more interesting than funny . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIJtKxdRQzY
What a bummer! And, it sounds so painful :-(
I'm afraid I don't have anything to occupy your mind. I usually plug in a movie or something when I'm laid up, which fortunately isn't too often.
Hope it heals quickly, my friend.
Ah, Dew, I'm so sorry! I do hope you heal up quickly. :o/
A friend just sent me this, pretty funny-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTXV1QRAsko
Not for anyone who doesn't like something a bit risque! :-)
-D
You seriously scared the crap out of me with this fall. I think you should amuse yourself by thinking up new devious puzzle clues for me! MO5
Post a Comment