I've been laid low with a stomach virus. It's worse than the normal ones, in that you spend a good 12-15 hours retching. And today, that over, I still don't feel well. I'm much better than yesterday, but only about 50% on the road to normal.
Thanks to Ike, we still don't have cable (or decent Internet access). Comcast is my new bogeyman. Their customer service is horrid. Now, they refuse to answer your calls and just say, "we'll call you when your service is back on." Today was the original date that the cable guy was supposed to come, but my money's on a no-show. Everyone understands about the breadth of the recovery after Ike, but the lack of communication has been appalling. When things are back to normal, we'll be considering other options.
My library finally opened earlier this week, so I have a couple of books. I just don't feel up to reading. My head hurts and I can't really concentrate. So, I'd like to lie down and watch tv. I really, really would like more options. Yesterday, I watched 15 minutes of a Fantasy Island rerun before falling asleep. Something better than 1970s tv, gameshows and soaps would really be welcome right now.
random thoughts from the mind of a progressive mom in Houston, struggling with parenting, politics, hot topics & more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
There is ALWAYS something on PBS. You don't need cable to watch TV, just ask daddy of five. Feel better. MO5
Hi DB!
I hope you get to feeling better soon and that life can get back to normal quickly.
Lucy Locket
Hi Dewberry-
Hope you're feeling better today. Comcast is wretched in Santa Fe too. After we moved into our new house, they have come THREE times to disconnect the woman who lived here before us. They succeeded the first time, disconnecting me instead, of course. The next 2 times I was home and said, "Oh no, here we go again. GO AWAY!" No wonder we spend so much on cable services, they are paying their people to constantly disconnect and reconnect people!
-D
Post a Comment