My eleven year old is trying to teach me how to throw a spiral. I grew up in a family of girls and although we played lots of sports, football wasn't one of them. Field hockey, soccer, softball, swimming...we weren't natural athletes, but we gave it our best shot. I definitely grew up football-deficient, having barely thrown the thing a few times at best.I am a mother to boys, so it's a window into another world that I never saw growing up. We have the broken windows to prove it, but boys are naturally drawn to things they can throw. Right now, we're on spring break and experiencing the perfect weather to be outside...so that means soccer, frisbee, basketball and now football. With the dad figure at work, it fell to me to be the football catch partner.
I'm trying but my spiral's still pretty wobbly. It's just amusing and a total reversal of roles when I get, "Hey, that one's your best yet" or "keep trying, you'll get it." Just proves there's always something to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment