random thoughts from the mind of a progressive mom in Houston, struggling with parenting, politics, hot topics & more.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Forward and Fight

As a parent, I really despise the week following the Spring Forward portion of the time change. No one's body automatically resets itself to go to sleep an hour earlier, so both the parent and the kid end up with less sleep than required.

The fact that I'm dragging tired kids out of bed to get them ready for school makes for hard mornings. But the grouchy crankiness is peaking in the afternoon. The last two days post-school have been absolute squabble-fest nightmares. There have been more tears shed in the last two days (and not by me) than there have been in the preceding two months.

Luckily, spring break is coming next week so hopefully everyone can get reset. But I need some patience and perhaps something a little stronger to make it through until then.

1 comment:

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

How 'bout a glass of wine? :-)

I hate the times changes, as well. The spring forward one is definitely the worst, though.