I didn't feel old at 30, or 40. But, over the weekend I got my first thought of "oh no, I can't be that old!" when my pumpkin baby (born the day before Halloween) turned 13. He's been taller than me for 6 months (and rapidly gaining on my husband); his voice is already deep and he can run faster than my husband.
Seriously, it's a great stage for him. He's not moody, just a little spacey sometimes (think absent-minded professor). He's interested in the world around him, engaged in mathematics and science. He has a great group of friends and he seems to enjoy them. But he still likes hanging out at home and we enjoy having him.
But, I can't believe he's a teenager. There's no turning back now.
In the above photo, he's running cross country. The season is over now, but he discovered he loves to run and compete as part of a team. It was a great middle school sports experience.
2 comments:
Yay! Happy Birthday to the "little" guy!
Lucy Locket
I got a big hit of "so now I feel old" when my friend from college's daughter came to visit here a few months ago. She's in college now and came here with her boyfriend. She's the age I was when her mom and I were such good friends. Uck, I hate feeling old!!!
-D
Post a Comment