Hey, book peeps, got any short story recommendations for me?
I have just worked my way through the entire short story collection of Sherlock Holmes while reading my Kindle at the gym. I've also recently read some stories by Kate Chopin, Isaac Asimov, Peter Tremayne and am currently reading the amazing Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri (highly recommended by me). Short stories really work for me at the gym and I need something that will keep me moving and not noticing the minutes going by. All suggestions welcome!
random thoughts from the mind of a progressive mom in Houston, struggling with parenting, politics, hot topics & more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Interpreter of Maladies, even better than Unaccustomed Earth. No short stories can top hers, she is the master.
Although, Isabelle Allende isn't too bad, and Julia Alvarez has a series of essays I liked. Besides that I got nothin' by Ray Bradbury.... MO5
I mean "BUT" Ray Bradbury. Time for bed.
Post a Comment