random thoughts from the mind of a progressive mom in Houston, struggling with parenting, politics, hot topics & more.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Did you know?


That if you're making strawberry quick bread and you realize after it's already been in the oven for five minutes that you've left out the egg (because you see it still sitting on the counter), it'll be okay. Apparently you can pull the bread out of the oven, stir in the egg, put it back in and have it turn out fine. I was surprised too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered last week that if you are baking a cake and it has been in the oven for 5 minutes when you realize that the softened butter is still in the microwave that you can take out the cake, mix in the butter and put it back in the oven and it will come out fine.

Seriously, I did this last week when making a Mother's Day cake.

-Screw