random thoughts from the mind of a progressive mom in Houston, struggling with parenting, politics, hot topics & more.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Link

I added a new link to my blogroll, Rex Parker does the NYT Crossword Puzzle. Every day when I get up, while drinking that first cup of coffee and if I have time (easier in the summer as life is less rushed), I do the NYTimes Crossword Puzzle online. Then, I submit my solution and compare myself to other puzzle solvers. For instance, today's time of 8 minutes puts me 143th so far today. Finally, I read what Rex Parker has to say. I find his comments on the puzzles very amusing. I love words and wordplay.

Rex Parker is a pseudonym. It's very letterboxing-like to have a puzzle-fiend alias and that appeals to me. When I decided on my letterboxing trail name, I had run into someone on the trail and she asked my name. Dewberry just sort of popped out of my mouth--it was a play on my last name--and it seemed to fit. Since then, though I've thought many a time about changing it to something that is a bit more reflective of me--my actual personality & self. But, by this point, people in the letterboxing world know me, so there didn't seem to be much point. Maybe I can just have a puzzle-fiend alias too...and become known on the crossword circuit as _________? Mad coffee-drinking puzzle-freak? That doesn't exactly trip off the tongue either. I'm afraid I would need something ultra-clever to hang with the crossword crowd.

So, any suggestions on what my puzzle name should be?

1 comment:

Jen said...

JavaPuzzler?
JavaGram?
Coffee Gamer?
Gaming BaristaGram?

:p