random thoughts from the mind of a progressive mom in Houston, struggling with parenting, politics, hot topics & more.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Puzzler Alert

The Simpsons this Sunday will feature the voices of crossword puzzle creator Merl Reagle and puzzle editor to the gods Will Shortz. The theme will revolve around crossword puzzles...and is titled "Homer and Lisa exchange Cross Words." Not only that, but the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle will contain a hidden message relevant to the episode.

That's a lot of cross-promotion. But the big fun is the puzzle geek factor. Every single crossword visible in the episode will have been created by Merl Reagle and I think it'll be fun to see how many references I can catch. I'm an occasional Simpsons watcher, not an addict, but this one will definitely be one to catch if you're a puzzle fiend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I've read this post at least 5 times, and I am pretty sure there are no hidden clues in it. But with you, I just never know.....MO5