Just one last post today...
In my backyard, one of my azalea bushes is blooming. This is not the blooms 2x a year azalea variety; this is a normal azalea that is supposed to bloom in March. I've seen a few others starting to bloom around town, and it's a jarring phenomenon, somehow I am sure related to our completely odd winter, weather-wise. It does not bode well for this year's Azalea Trail, a home-and-garden tour. Last year, at Bayou Bend they had to put buckets of ice around some of the azaleas to hold them off from blooming. Imagine!
I'm going to go take a picture, because the saucer magnolia, the azalea and the camellia are all blooming at once. That is not supposed to happen.
random thoughts from the mind of a progressive mom in Houston, struggling with parenting, politics, hot topics & more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I always wished they would just establish the dates for the Azalea Trail a week or two before. At least 2-3 times in the past, they had it so early that the weather was rainy or crummy. Not the lovely Spring weather you want. Hope it works out for you guys in 2008!
One of our azaela hedges started blooming the other day when a cleaned out the koi pond filter beneath it. I think it may just be a case of a little nice weather and a feast of nutrients. :o) Oh well, back to the grey and cold today!
Post a Comment